Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Softball

Softball season for my school is starting in a few weeks. I am very excited because softball is literally my life. I've played softball for about 10 years now. As a freshman (last year), I made the varsity team for my school. I am the starting pitcher for this season. Not only do I play for my high school but I also play for a travel team. 

Softball is a stress reliever for me. Being on the field clears my mind and allows me to forget my problems. Last season I faced a lot of obstacles. During basketball season I fractured my foot. I was in a boot for about 4 weeks and missed some of the first practices for softball. My foot still hurts now, but the doctor said that this can be a pain that doesn't go away for a year or two. Another obstacle I faced last season is when I broke my nose. I was catching for my friend and was not wearing a helmet. I needed surgery and I missed the last two games of our regular season. Thankfully I was able to play in playoffs. 

Overcoming these obstacles has been very hard. Like I said, my foot still hurts so sometimes it effects my performance while playing other sports. Trying to overcome my broken nose has been an obstacle too. Sometimes I get anxiety when not wearing a helmet while doing a drill of some sort. Me breaking my nose has been the most painful experience I had ever had to go through. I am hoping that this season is very successful and I hope that I don't experience any more injuries any time soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment